Well I promised you that I would be creating a case study on building a niche content site from the ground up so that you could see exactly what it takes to create a profitable content site. I wanted to have the initial details in front of you last week, but I was having some work done on the house (which, as is usually the case with contractors, resulted in one disaster after the next). So I finally had the time to sit down and put it all together so you can see exactly what I'm doing.
For this case study I am using the following tools (all of which I highly recommend):
- Niche Inspector - This desktop software tool helps you find profitable niches to create sites around.
- HypreVRE Gold - This desktop software tool is what I'm using to create the niche site for the case study. I'm using the Gold (paid) version, not the free version.
- Instant Article Wizard - This desktop software tool is what I use to create all of the content for the site super fast. You need unique content if you really want to rank well, and IAW is the tool I use to create it (even if I know nothing about the subject).
- 3WayLinks.net - This is the service that I'm putting the site into to get it ranked in the search engine by building up link popularity while I sleep.
Here are the steps that I've taken so far.
- Step 1 - This video shows how I used Niche Inspector to select the niche I have created the content site around, and also shows how I used HyperVRE to build the site itself. The niche that I decided on is "rowing machines".
- Step 2 - This video shows me creating the headliner article for the site in just a few minutes, using Instant Article Wizard.
- Step 3 - Now, in the video for step 2 I said I would create a video on getting links to the site using 3WayLinks.net. Afterwards I realized that a video isn't necessary, since there's really nothing to show. So let me tell you what I did.
I added the new site to the 3WayLinks.net network so that it would start building links to its home page to get the site ranking for my target keywords. You won't get anywhere in the search engines without links, and my sites in the 3WL network are doing phenomenally well (as are the sites of hundreds of other people).
I didn't stop there, though. I wanted to get links to the home page, sure, but I also wanted to get links to the inner pages of the site. This helps not only rank the inner pages, but also reinforces Google's "trust" of the home page, which in turn will cause it to rank better as well.
To accomplish this, I had 10 articles written that I have distributed to EzineArticles.com and GoArticles.com. Once those articles start to get picked up and spread across a variety of other sites, those links will begin to help the site to rank in the search engines.
For posterity's sake, here's a screenshot of the traffic the site is currently getting. This also helps you know that I'm starting from zero here:
All of the "traffic viewed" is from me working on the site. The "traffic not viewed" stats are from the AdSense bot crawling the site.
All in all, I spent about 5 hours building the site, including writing the on-site articles and submitting the second set of articles to EzineArticles.com and GoArticles.com. I will post an update to the site's progress once a week so that you know how well this system is working.
In case you were wondering, I'm not revealing the domain name to prevent skewing the stats by having everyone go to the site to "check it out."
Please post your comments below, letting me know what you think, and if there's any information about how I'm doing these things that you'd like to know. Ask your questions and I'll post my responses in the comments as well.
Related Internet Marketing Q&A
- Can someone help me to choose a passionate niche?
19 Answers Available - Niches - Asked 1300 days ago
Hi I've been struggling for years to find a niche. I would be so grateful if someone could help guide me through the process of choosing a niche. This is something that is preventing me from creating a business and I don't know what to do about...
- How Many Web Pages Do You Need To Be Considered An Authority Niche Site?
3 Answers Available - Adsense - Asked 1301 days ago
I would like this question to be answered for a small business not someone competing with a large well-funded site.
- How do I Approach Niche PLR Content?
7 Answers Available - Niches - Asked 1301 days ago
I have approximately Niche 2000 PLR Articles. I cannot remember how I acquired them, and here is the question I can build a site on any of these niches with my own twists on header and footer banners, do I need to rewrite all the articles that comes...
- How do you choose a profitable niche that still has decent opportunity for a "newbie"?
11 Answers Available - Niches - Asked 1300 days ago
That is ... a niche that is profitable while not being completely saturated?
- Do you prefer mini sites or authority sites?
1 Answers Available - Niches - Asked 1232 days ago
Also, which niche is suitable for mini sites and which is suitable for authority sites?